To Apply for this job, please contact Sherry.Snyder@edtinc.net by email.
This job was last modified on: 2021-12-01 00:45:11
The Senior Architect will be responsible for the architectural and construction administration leadership on multiple projects. They will provide guidance and coordinate an interdisciplinary team of consultants and in-house architects, engineers and coordinators in the development of projects. This position will also work closely with the construction team to ensure effective construction administration.
Job requirements and essential skills:
- Minimum 10+ years of professional experience
- Registered Architect (RA or AIA). LEED AP a plus
- Federal, Healthcare, Senior Living, Education, Aviation, Mixed-Use Retail, Commercial and/ or Industrial project types experience a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- Expertise in Revit software preferred
- Knowledge of model building codes and standards with the ability to navigate the intent and application
- Thorough working knowledge of current construction materials and understanding of both interior and exterior building systems and construction methodologies
- Excellent client management and customer service orientation
- Strong leadership, time management, organization and communication skills
- Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED AP
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Resolve design, construction and other technical issues with the design team while focusing on the delivery of innovative and constructible design solutions
- Lead the production of documents required for client, agency approval, bidding and construction including drawings, specifications, project manuals, design narratives and code analysis
- Construction contract administration, including timely responses to RFI, reviews of submittals, performing on-site observation, writing of field reports and participation at client/architect/contractor meetings
- Interface and build constructive relationships with authorities having jurisdiction during design and with inspectors during construction
- Effectively manage communication, relationships and expectations of work with all members of the design team, clients and project managers
- Mentorship and professional development of junior professionals
- May be assisted by Project Managers and other Senior Project Architects, but otherwise expected to lead junior level professional staff through all phases of the architectural proces
Engineering Design Technologies, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
All recipients of an offer of employment from EDT, Inc. will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, driving record check, criminal background check and as investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by EDT’s personnel or by a third party on behalf of EDT.